Friday, September 01, 2006

Falling In Love and It Feels So Good

Why, what's this? Could it be? Did she actually start her DAY OF THE DEAD KAL shawl?

Put down the needles and back away slowly from the computer. Hide your pets and children in a safe place! DUCK and cover . . . I have started the shawl.

Well, I didn't say that I had much done. ;) I'm recording each row so that I can make it again if I want to. Who knows it might even become you know the thing with the charts and the words and it helps you with the knitting when you want to follow along pattern.

So far it is going well. The yarn is delightful, the needles pointy and slick, and I'm only 11 rows in, so that may change. :)

Since I've become so interested in lace lately, I decided to buy myself a little treat.

This would be Heirloom Knitting by Sharon Miller, a bit pricey, but I have to say completely worth it. If I use this book for nothing other than the patterns, it is well worth its weight in yarn (laceweight of course).

I know that I've been less than chatty lately, and I'll give you a hint as to why. Work is CRAZY. I'm helping with a conference that starts Sept. 6. Since I already know that I won't be able to blog much next Tues.-Thurs. I thought that I would put up a fun little contest. Look for a contest with a yarny prize on Monday.

Hug your bunny! And have a great night.




4 comments:

At Friday, September 01, 2006 9:39:00 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

A few rows are better than no rows. I am sure that it is going to be lovely. Can't wat to see it as you progress.

 
At Saturday, September 02, 2006 2:27:00 PM, Blogger PBnJ said...

Looking forward to seeing your shawl grow! Glad you treated yourself too! :D

 
At Sunday, September 03, 2006 1:07:00 AM, Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

OMG! That is a great book! I was at one of my LYS today reading the owner's copy. Wouldn't you know that Sharon Miller HERSELF signed and sent Mary this book along with permission for Mary to display Mary's (slightly tweaked) version of the Wedding Shawl.
=:8

 
At Saturday, May 07, 2022 1:14:00 PM, Anonymous Tracey said...

Great read thankkyou

 

Post a Comment

<< Home