Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Who says Fair Isle? I do!

Yes, I bought yarn from knit picks to do a very simple Checks and Charms hat and mittens, I'm calling beginner fair isle. I'm thinking of it as a little something to get my feet wet before I try a larger project. It will not be knit for a few days maybe a few weeks.

I also purchased some sock yarn to make Christmas presents. Christmas presents you say? It's only July. You are my witness, I am going to make Christmas presents early.
I'm steadily working on my Triangles shawl. I'm at row 151 as of this post, only 41 rows and the edging to go. Um, did I mention that I entered a few other categories for the Fair and um, I don't have any of the projects done yet? He he, oops.

To distract you from the lack of knitting material, Kitten pictures! We have one black short haired boy, one black long haired girl, one black and white short haired boy, one black and white short haired girl, and one black and white long haired girl. I am going to start giving them away in early August. I think that I have a home for one of the black and white kittens. Only four more lovelies to find good homes for! More kitten pictures tomorrow.

3 comments:

At Thursday, July 06, 2006 11:08:00 AM, Blogger PBnJ said...

Have fun with your projects! And the kitties are adorable! especially the one lying on his back - too cute!

 
At Thursday, July 06, 2006 2:32:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Have fun....looks like you have tons to do!
Word of advice on the sock yarn. There's plenty for a pair of womens with 2 hanks of sock yarn, but if you are doing men's socks, if it's a size 10 1/2 or larger, you might need a 3rd hank.

 
At Thursday, July 06, 2006 9:26:00 PM, Blogger CygKnit said...

I want you to know that all of my coworkers gathered around my computer this afternoon, for no other reason than to ooooohhh and ahhhhh your kitties. You and they brought a lot of happiness to a frustrating day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home