Sunday, July 02, 2006

Summer Storms, Winter Socks

Summer storms have been very active this afternoon. It seemed that as soon as one storm passed, the next storm would blow in. While the storms poured, we amused ourselves by watching movies. I even managed to finish my waffle rib socks. I also cooked for four people and suffered through an unexpected visit by two people that I really don't like without becoming the scary hydra. Though I did think about it.


I also finished the journal for the blog contest. Will would like to thank you all for the birthday wishes. He is looking forward to 4-Wheeling in Attica tomorrow.

Beau and Sadie both had baths this morning and now there is muddy water in the back yard. Yea, it was really smart of us to wash the dogs this morning wasn't it?

Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow, but I do have Tuesday off. Funny isn't it? I almost wish that I could have had a four day weekend, except that all I would want to do is knit. Speaking of knitting, I picked up the triangles within triangles shawl again. There is a very good reason why this is the only project on needles at the moment. I entered the Indiana State Fair Needle Arts competition. Now I have to have this shawl finished by July 29.

It's a bottom-up shawl and I have 135 rows out of 192 finished. There is also an edging, but I'm trying not to think about that right now. Keep posting your Happy Birthday comments and stay dry.

3 comments:

At Sunday, July 02, 2006 9:50:00 PM, Blogger PBnJ said...

We got a good rain here today too. Good luck and have fun on your shawl!

 
At Monday, July 03, 2006 2:22:00 PM, Blogger PBnJ said...

Great job on finishing your socks! And happy happy birthday to Will!

 
At Monday, July 03, 2006 6:11:00 PM, Blogger CygKnit said...

1. Purty socks!
2. Happy Birthday to Will! Have fun 4 wheeling, and don't get tooooo muddy, 'k?
3. Good luck on the Fair Shawl. It takes courage and guts to enter competitions like that. Way to go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home