Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Odds and Ends

I will be posting pictures of the yarn for the contest as soon as it arrives. :) I'm excited about holding this little contest as well. I know there is already one person that can't wait to see if it is her. lol I used the random number generator today and it popped out a comment number for me, so the person that posts comment number, Oops!, I can't tell yet. I will assure you that a winner should appear in the next week at the latest. I might even have a winner before I get the picture of the prize posted!

In other news, the kittens are growing beautifully. Dot concedes to let me hold and check them every evening while I'm in the barn feeding rabbits. Beau is quite curious about them, but so far has kept his distance. I'm sure the poor little things will end up thinking they are dogs. I know Dot's brother Ink thinks that he is. Inky was also one of my barn cats for a time, but he was a handful and went to live at a nice feed mill where he is the resident mouser. Consequently, Beau taught Ink to think like a dog and Ink will now fetch bottle caps if you throw them. lol

On to knitting news. I purchased some very cool lace weight yarn on ebay. It's original maker is Alpaca With a Twist from Georgetown, IN. I'm thinking of making some lace curtains in a scribble pattern with a sheer fabric undercurtain. Thoughts?

I also found some great sock yarn that I can't wait to hold. It should be on its way shortly. Hmmm, speaking of socks, my sock is still doing penance (partially because, let's face it, the shawl is way more entertaining right now). My shawl is growing at a fantastic rate, and I had two whole hours to work on it Sunday during my rabbit board meeting. Yeah, I got some strange looks, but I think they're getting used to it. :) My Triangles Within Triangles Shawl is very sad, and quite lonely. Sometimes I pat its head just to make it feel a little better.

I'll post pictures tomorrow when I get a chance.
Ok, so I'll post tonight with an updated kitten picture. Look, they are opening their eyes!


3 comments:

At Tuesday, June 13, 2006 12:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, here I am posting a comment. LOL! I like all your kitty and bunny pics. they make me smile! Looking forward to seeing more pics of critters and your handiwork!
Have a great day!
PBnJ

 
At Tuesday, June 13, 2006 1:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I am posting a comment. LOL. Love your blog pics of kitties and bunnies. They make me smile. Also looking forward to more critter pics and pictures of your handiwork. Have a great day!

 
At Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:49:00 PM, Blogger CygKnit said...

Oh. Lord. How cute is that baby???

You do realize that you must show pics of the new stash, too, right? Its a knitblog rule...that I just made up. Damn. Show the pretty yarn, please! (And more kitties).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home