Monday, April 16, 2007

My First Fiber Event

Boy, it was a doozy! Here's just a taste of the fibery fun. If you want more random pictures from the Fiber Event click this link. :)

I just want you all to know that I walked the entire event once before making any purchases. On the second swing through though, I did my shopping. I only bought something if I saw it, remembered it, debated it, and then decided that I still wanted it. That said, the first thing that I bought was some lovely "Beast" roving and sock yarn from Lonesome Stone. (I'll tell you more about my purchases in another post. I want to focus on the Fiber Event in this one.)


This lovely lady is one of the owners ( I think), she agreed to pose with myself and Monica in front of her shop.

I then perused several more of the shops, finally making a beeline back to a gorgeous Polypay fleece being sold by Sherri Harris (sharris@jvlnet.com if you are interested). I had seen this fleece on my first round and while I really didn't need another fleece, I'm so glad that I bought it now.

This is Sherri and myself hanging out by the fleece, yes that lovely one on the corner. :) She was sharing booth space with a woman who made the most amazing little felted animals.


See this adorable raccoon? This little guy is one of Linda's creations. He was fabulous! Oh, and I love the little otter playing cards and betting fish. Mo and I had a great time chatting with these two ladies.

Soon after this I met up with Kristi (Needlefingers), Jennifer (Jenny from the Blog) *seriously, do you ever post?*, and Ragged***.




Finally meeting Kristi was a delight. She was so much fun in person, and Jenny and Ragged killed me. I laughed so much with them. This was Monica's first Fiber Event too. She found some felting fibers and needles to play with. I think she had a lot of fun. She was pretty groggy though as she had worked all night and was running on three hours of sleep.

Kristi, Jennifer, Ragged, Mo, and I had pizza after the Fiber Event. We chuckled about things like fiber addiction, socks, and carry home cups. It was a truly fun day all around. I bought a few more things than I listed here too, but this post is getting a bit long. So I'll leave you with this picture from the Fiber Event. Why yes, that is a needle-felted Betty Boop created by Bill Eatmon (deceased). Want more info? Contact his partner Steven (shelteringpines1@yahoo.com ).




***Due to the DR Knitting Witness Protection Program and some scary stash weasel incidents, I am not allowed to show you Ragged's face. Take heart, my blog readers, she was enchanting in person, but those stash weasels can really hold a grudge! It's for the safety of her knitting that I can't show you her lovely visage. Please notice that she has excellent taste in yarn. Other Fleece Artist junkies will know what I mean. (hee hee, this is like the neighbor on Home Improvement)

Labels: , ,

11 comments:

At Tuesday, April 17, 2007 6:48:00 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Looks like a good time! That felted otter was the cutest!

 
At Tuesday, April 17, 2007 9:14:00 AM, Blogger CygKnit said...

Wow! A shot of Monica *gasp*!

Thanks for sharing the pictures :)

 
At Tuesday, April 17, 2007 11:05:00 AM, Blogger Karen said...

That looks like it was a wonderful time, Kelli! The felted animals are amazing. Great pictures.

 
At Tuesday, April 17, 2007 11:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oohhh looks like tons of fun.Wish they had that type of thing here.

 
At Tuesday, April 17, 2007 2:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap, look at the knockers on that Betty Boop! (Ok, you knew a comment like that was coming from the likes of me.) Felted boobies...it's a thought!

Also...I'm thinking about you and sending you many hugs about the other thing. Love ya babe!

 
At Tuesday, April 17, 2007 2:48:00 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. I have never been to a show either and I soooo want to go to one. Maybe one day.

Can't wait to see what you bought. =)

 
At Tuesday, April 17, 2007 2:58:00 PM, Blogger Jamisyn said...

Oh, I bought some wonderful fiber at the fiber event. Lucky you, being able to hold off until you've made one round...I wanted to do that, but found myself physically, mentally, and fiberly unable to do so! Once when I was on vacation in Colorado, I made a 1-1/2 hour trek (one way, out of my way) to visit LonesomeStone and I've never regretted it. At the event, I bought three rovings and a skein of sock yarn from them.

 
At Tuesday, April 17, 2007 3:28:00 PM, Blogger Karen said...

One more thing - go look at my blog. I made something you will love. :-)

 
At Tuesday, April 17, 2007 7:49:00 PM, Blogger needlefingers said...

It was wonderful meeting you, too!

So, are you ready for next year? :)

 
At Wednesday, April 18, 2007 6:48:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my! Ragged takes protecting her identity seriously. She hid in the bathroom when we went to visit Sat morning. OK, she said she was lacking any clothing, but I think that was just a ruse.
Sorry to have missed meeting you! We didn't make it up until later Friday night. Maybe next year?

 
At Tuesday, May 01, 2007 8:17:00 AM, Blogger Ragged Around the Edges said...

I can't believe I am just now getting a chance to check your block post the fiber event! Thanks for protecting my identity. I'd say thanks for protecting the innocent, but we all know better.

So great to meet you in person. Loving the thought of the Freedom cake and so jealous you are a Loopy Groupie.

Dear Chris, it was all for your protection. It was not a pretty sight, trust me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home