Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I Love Fiber :)

First, my purchases from Briar Rose. One skein of handpainted 100% alpaca, 2500 yards. Three skeins of a limited edition merino wool and silk blend from the sale bin, yardage unknown.
Next I bought these beauties, Handmaiden SeaSilk 70% silk, 30% SeaCell, over 400 yds. (Kristi, where did we buy these?)

Oh my! How did these sneak in here? My order from the Loopy Ewe came while I was in Greencastle frolicking among the fleeces. :) Fleece Artist, two skeins of the basic merino and three of the new SeaWool blend. I may just wallow in my Fleece Artist whenever I need a "pick-me-up" from now on. :)


The picture above and below, is my fleece from Sherri. You know, the six pound Polypay fleece that I didn't really need? Oh, yes, that one. Isn't it gorgeous? This is definitely one of the benefits of getting to the Fiber Event early.


Why look there! It's "beast" roving from Lonesome Stone. I adored the ladies there. In fact, if I could adopt them into my ever growing fiber family, I most certainly would. :)

This would be 8 oz. of fun, alpaca and silk and merino and who knows what else, but it feels divine. Sorry that I snapped this lovely portion out from under you Kristi. ;)

I also bought a skein of the most lovely plum colored sock yarn from the ladies at Lonesome Stone.

Finally, 8 oz. of mixed fibers with a purple cast that you can't see in this picture from the Full Bobbin. I think that she was there with Ozark Carding, that's the link I have for her in the book, so that's the one I'm giving you all. :)
I feel really good about every purchase that I made. I can't wait to get spinning the fibers that I bought at Greencastle. Kristi, you asked in the comments if I was ready for next year, and I have to say honestly "not yet." :)

Labels:

5 comments:

At Wednesday, April 18, 2007 1:14:00 AM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Oh my!!! Look at all the fibery goodness!!

So do you comb, card or spin the fleece as is? And do you separate the color variations or blend it together? I have my way and it is always fun to see how others do it.

 
At Wednesday, April 18, 2007 5:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you made out well at your first fiber event!

 
At Wednesday, April 18, 2007 8:53:00 AM, Blogger Dana said...

Oooohh, me likey!! Nice job on your purchases. Hey, what kind of wheel do you have? I am too lazy to check your archives to see if you mentioned it before.

 
At Wednesday, April 18, 2007 7:48:00 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Oooooooh! I love the Lonesome Stone yarn. I have 2 skeins of Sea Silk in my stash and love petting it and the scent of it.

 
At Wednesday, April 18, 2007 7:54:00 PM, Blogger needlefingers said...

The Fleece Artist/Handmaiden pusher, I mean, purveyor, was The Trading Post. ;)

And I'm quite content with my pound and 10 ounces of Beast. Now I'm just torn between spinning it in its natural glory, or overdyeing it a nice burgundy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home