Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom!

While I love my mother dearly and know that she would never consider harming me for revealing her age, we're just going to say it's older than I am and leave it at that. There is no guessing my mom's age (at least not this year, lol), so don't take a guess in the comments unless you want to butter her up. ;)

Meet my mom in her formative years (the tender age of three). Cute isn't she?

I'm going to skip ahead a bit now and post some more recent photos. Meet "my other mother" Mary Anne and Mom, the "Alphabet Soup" gals. They were doing a program at a national conference and needed to be "soup cans." This always cracks me up.


Why what's this? Mom having fun? Yes, I think it is! Mom, Christy, and Teresa hanging out in D. C. having a little "treat" (ok, we all know the chocolate fudge is good, yum).

Oh, and Mom, she's a pretty bright bulb too. She wins awards like there won't be any left tomorrow (and at the rate she's going, there might not!).

I know, I know, I don't look much like Mom, that lovely young lady to her left certainly does (hi Cami!), however, her Mom, niece, and Sis-in-law are sitting in the front row (from your left to right). We're like one big extended family and when we have a party, we do it up right. :) The girls know how to whoop-it-up. hee hee


Yeah, so I don't look entirely enthusiatic in this picture (May 2006), but in my defense I was tired, cold, and my feet were aching. Mom was very proud of me though. Just three months after this picture she finished her doctoral degree and walked the same stage at Purdue for the third time. She keeps joking about making me call her "Dr. Mom." Yeah, it's not so funny to me.

Needless to say, I love my mom. She's supportive, she's fun, she has treated me like an equal since I was about 10 years old, and she has been more like a friend in the last few years. I know if her Mom were alive we would all be having a blast for Mom's birthday. Since she isn't here, I'm hoping you'll all leave my mom BIG birthday wishes instead. :)

Happy Birthday Mom! (I hope you don't mind that I shared your pictures.)

Labels:

12 comments:

At Wednesday, February 28, 2007 6:27:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hapy Day to Mom! So is it her real birthday, or is she a leap baby who celebrates her day today?

 
At Wednesday, February 28, 2007 6:32:00 PM, Blogger CygKnit said...

Happy Day, Mom!

 
At Wednesday, February 28, 2007 6:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Mom!!

 
At Wednesday, February 28, 2007 9:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

K-

What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful person. And thanks for not revealing my age either! ;)

C

 
At Wednesday, February 28, 2007 9:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Dr. Mom! Happy birthday!

 
At Wednesday, February 28, 2007 10:29:00 PM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

A Great BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Dr. Mom!!! I just love the picture of her at 3. So freaking cute, you just want to pinch her cheeks.

 
At Wednesday, February 28, 2007 10:36:00 PM, Blogger KnitterBunny said...

Mom was almost a leap day baby, but she made it in on Feb. 28. :)

 
At Thursday, March 01, 2007 8:53:00 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Happy Birthday, Mom.

 
At Thursday, March 01, 2007 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

Happy Birthday Mom!!! :)

 
At Thursday, March 01, 2007 11:03:00 AM, Blogger Dana said...

Happy Birthday mom. Don't forget, it's still ok to send your daughter's presents on YOUR special day {you owe me K)!!

 
At Thursday, March 01, 2007 5:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Mom!!

I hope your bunnies are doing better!

 
At Thursday, March 01, 2007 8:14:00 PM, Blogger AR said...

How sweet! She must have been a young mom, cuz she doesn't look very old in any of those pictures. I just love that picture from when she was 3, what a cutie!

Happy Birthday! (a little late)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home