Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sock Hunter Episode 3: Common Bush Kiwi

Day fifteen . . . I've been stalking the Common Bush Kiwi* and finally captured a picture of a pair in the bush. It seems that I've found a new variety as this is a never before documented Baby Cable Rib Common Bush Kiwi.

I sedated the pair to get a closer look, and found the detail of the baby cable found amongst the ribbing was particularly beautiful when paired with the slight variegation of the yarn. I will definitely be watching this pair for signs of any additional Baby Cable Rib Common Bush Kiwi.

Each additional day spent in the field is yeilding new and exciting finds. My specimen collection has nearly outgrown its container and I fear that subsequent finds shall force me to purchase more containment. In hindsight, my addiction to the Loopy Ewe may have precipitated my fantastic finds as well as my containment problem.

Day sixteen . . . remember to buy more containers. ;)

*US 2 Birch DPNs, Baby Cable Rib from Sensational Socks, twisted German cast-on, Heel Flap (S1, K1 repeat across row, S1, purl across row), my usual 4-point toe decrease, Scarlet Fleece It's Tubular X 2 in Kiwi (yarn from the Loopy Ewe)

Labels:

8 comments:

At Sunday, April 22, 2007 4:29:00 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Great hunting and photographing of the Common Bush Kiwi! That's my favorite shade of green, by the way.

 
At Sunday, April 22, 2007 11:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the 'Sock Hunter' post!

Great sockage! ;o)

 
At Monday, April 23, 2007 12:18:00 AM, Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Wow those Common Bush Kiwi's are beautiful!! Isn't it amazing what beautiful creatures there are out in the wild.? =)

 
At Monday, April 23, 2007 4:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooohh yummy yum yums I love those!

 
At Monday, April 23, 2007 10:53:00 AM, Blogger Dana said...

Cool socks chickey! Hope all is well.

 
At Monday, April 23, 2007 3:13:00 PM, Blogger Kel said...

You, my dear, are an extreme dork! But that's why I love you! :o) Beauuuutiful socks! I want them! :o) Green is my fave color and those are just too pretty. :o)

 
At Monday, April 23, 2007 6:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great socks! I have to admit have become a Loopy ewe addict too!

 
At Tuesday, April 24, 2007 8:09:00 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Geeze I'm gonna have to move. All I seem to find in my yard is weeks and cats. lol. The socks look great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home