Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Help from Blogland! Yarn in need of ideas!

I'm trying to decide what to do with some handspun Ile de France x Dorset cross yarn. I purchased some great roving from High Prairie Fibers. I just love the roving, the ease of spinning, and the fact that she will custom blend your colorway. Love at first sight. Needless to say, I have ~600 yards of a slate blue and ~600 yards of a blues ends mix. I am at a loss as to what to do with it. I think I would like to stripe it somehow, but I can't decide what I want to make. It's single ply approximately 10 wpi, so about a worsted weight yarn. Any ideas out there in blogland?




In other news, my cat is due with kittens and I am eagerly awaiting the mewling little things. I keep thinking that she will pop, but her belly just keeps stretching. I know she'll have them soon.

My roommate also got a dog, sweet little husky/lab mix, 4 years old, very well behaved. Monica adopted her from the pound, which I whole heartedly approve. Sadie and Beau are getting along quite well. I think this might be a lot of fun.

The socks are still doing penance.

1 comments:

At Thursday, June 01, 2006 2:44:00 PM, Blogger CygKnit said...

Ohhhhh, I thought of a shawl or stole. Just something pretty to throw around yourself on the cool nights that'll make you feel pretty. Its such a lovely color!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home