Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Beast Lives, and Other Things

I began knitting a pieced afghan for my brother some time ago (say Feb.), and then he pissed me off. As such I decided not to work on it for some time. This last week I decided that it was time to work on the beast again and knitted several rows on it. Then I decided that I was tired of knitting the acrylic beast and I was going to turn it into something useful and smaller. Specifically, I turned it into a dog bed. Take that you acrylic yarn, ha ha! (To all of you who love acrylic yarn, my apologies. I just can't seem to like it any more.)




Here are the promised before and after pictures.

Notice all of the yuck, including the plastic trash.








Now look at the happy flower bed. I cut down the tulips and daffodils after this picture. Then I seeded some poppies in the bed. I have a matching bed to this one and a corner bed too.

I can't wait until all of my little poppies come up.


I will post my pictures of my beds with poppies when they bloom. :)

BTW, Mom was kind enough to loan me a laptop to access the internet. Thank you Mom.

1 comments:

At Wednesday, May 31, 2006 4:31:00 PM, Blogger CygKnit said...

Wow, you did some serious work on the bed(s).

I totally feel ya on the acryllic afghan. I'm planning to pack my dad's up and stick it in the attic until fall. It is now referred to as "the albatross" since it seriously weighs me down.

Oh, and I will seriously love your help on the bunny-ness. I'm really excited, but sadly clueless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home